About the Blogger
Hi, my name is Edcel and I quit my job in a BPO company (of nearly 6 years) to have more time for travelling. I now work as a freelancer which gives me the freedom to be anywhere so long as I have my laptop with me. I’m currently backpacking in Southeast Asia.
You can read more about how I took the step to living a life of a digital nomad here – Delusions of Grandeur: Taking the Step to Location Independence.
I Call Myself a Travel Blogger, But… there are a lot of misconceptions about me which I want to put out to set things straight. This is still a journey where I learn new things; and I’d like to take my readers with me so they may also feel what I’ve felt.
I currently focus on blogging about my travels, my experiences and some tips about my destinations. Hopefully, this blog will serve to be a useful source of information about different places in the Philippines and beyond; as well as an inspiration for those who are hesitant to go out and explore the world. Check out my podcast sessions where you can hear the voices behind your favorite travel bloggers as I interview them about their passions. You can also subscribe to my mailing list at the upper right portion of this page by entering your email address.
- Meet the Nomads: Edcel of SoloflightEd – as interviewed by Flip of FlipNomad.com
- Interview with SoloFlightEd – as interviewed by Chino of JuanderfulPinoy.com
- Meet the Backpackers – as interviewedby JourneysandTravels.com
- Meet My Travel Buddies – as interviewed by Mica of Senyorita.net
- A Day with Eds of soloflightEd.com – as interviewed by BoundforTwo.com
- How to Become a Travel Blogger – Travel Blogging 101 by Melo of OutofTownBlog.com
- El Encuentro: Edcel Suyo y Ferdz Decena – travel face-off by Dom of EscapeIslands.com
When not climbing trees, the author is busy washing his clothes.
Solo flight is all about finding one’s purpose in life, we each have our own destiny and to find it is truly a great gift. My name is Ed so I added it as well. This was a personal website that evolved into a travel blog. This is not its domain as I don’t normally travel solo. But even so, it should not be taken in a literal sense.
What’s up with the headstands and crazy stunts?
This is my way of showing my flip side in front of the lens. Not that I have any attention deficit disorder (I have yet to get myself checked), but life is too short to stand still. Also, these stunts are part of my frustration ever since I was a kid as I still long for the day that I’ll be able to do a simple cartwheel – still can’t do it.
There are things I wish I could do but I can’t. Then there are those that only need practice in order to get them right; no matter how long they may take. Trying, even if I fail countless times, motivates me to keep on proving my limits. Once in a while, I become successful and it’s all because of persistence. I guess this goes with one of my principles in life that we can do anything so long as we badly put our mind and heart into our goals.
- EdEarns.com – How I earn online plus more talks about money, this is my personal accounting book.
- Edstudyante.com – Snippets of life as a student, blogger and employee. Just random rants.
- Edcel.net - A personal weblog.
Contact Me & Social Media
To contact me for advertising opportunities or if you just want to say Hi,
Shoot an email to Ed@soloflightEd.com
Like my Facebook Page at facebook.com/soloflightEd
Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/soloflightEd