One of my most favorite hotels during our Lakbay Norte 3 trip was Hotel Manor in Baguio City. We arrived after our Airsoft game at the Baguio Country Club and it was nice to see the place all lit up.
The Manor Hotel
January 26, 2012
night scene in Hotel Manor
When we arrived at the lobby, chandeliers and a fireplace greeted us. There was also a band at the Piano Bar and I could see an old couple dancing to the song being played. It was a nice welcome after a tiring day of activities and it made me want to go directly to my room so I could change and then explore the other parts of the hotel.
lobby of Hotel Manor
Fortunately, we were given a tour by their staff who were all smiles as they showed us their rooms. Because of the Baguio breeze, there’s no need for air conditioning in this hotel. They also have gym, spa and sauna facilities available.
room, no air conditioning as it’s already cold.
gym facilities (they also have a spa)
The Manor has a cozy and warm environment. It’s a beautiful getaway in the summer capital of the Philippines. My favorite part is the restaurant, Le Chef, since you can dine alfresco. It also has this romantic set up with it’s yellow lighting that makes up a good setting for long talks during dinner.
1. Rataouille Soup, 2. Seared Tuna on Mixed Greens, 3. Marinated Strawberries with French Cream, 4. U.S. Beef Short Plate with mushroom sauce, vegetable and mashed potato, 5. Bread Rolls with Butter
alfresco in Baguio!
We had to get up early in the morning to head to our next destination. But prior to leaving, we took advantage of the complimentary breakfast buffet that came with our overnight’s stay. It was funny to see how most of us switched back and forth from eating our meals to taking more pictures in the garden where the sky was clear and the sun had just risen. A beautiful morning I might say so!
beautiful Hotel Manor
I know a couple of people who had to hurry up with their meal because they stayed up late last night. I couldn’t blame them. The Manor has this homey atmosphere that makes you want to cuddle up in bed and just stay for days.
part of my ‘no rice’ breakfast because I was getting too fat from all the eating during the trip
One great thing to hear about The Manor is that they have this great late deals being offered. Being a promo addict myself, I’d like to get a cheaper rate if possible. They have promotions during non-peak seasons which you can use to your advantage.
For more details, visit their website: http://www.campjohnhay.ph/
Check out my other Lakbay Norte 3 adventures here:
- Lakbay Norte 3: Rediscover the North
- Surfing at Blue Lagoon in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
- Quick Stop at Suba Sand Dunes in Paoay, Ilocos Norte
- Dawel River Cruise & Bangus Harvest in Dagupan, Pangasinan
- White Water Rafting at Chico River in Kalinga
- Paddleboarding in Paoay Lake, Ilocos Norte
- Off-Road 4×4 Adventure to Puning Hot Springs in Angeles, Pampanga
- Sand Spa & Mudpack at Puning Hot Springs in Angeles, Pampanga
- Sport Fishing at Pantabangan Dam in Nueva Ecija
Food & Accommodation:
- The Manor Hotel in Baguio City
- Lunch at Kapuluan Vista Resort, Pagudpud
- Widus Resort and Casino Hotel in Clark, Pampanga
Please don't forget to confirm your subscription by checking your Inbox.
soloflightEd.com is a travel blog by Edcel Suyo. He enjoys performing headstands and crazy stunts during his trips in the Philippines, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East. Now based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and working to earn a living, he takes time to enjoy the city and travel during weekends.
For updates, Like his page on Facebook or Follow him on Twitter.
For questions, advertising, and other concerns, shoot an email to email@example.com.