If you’re looking for an affordable place to stay in Siem Reap, you may want to check out Victory Guesthouse. I stayed in this hostel for over 10 days as I wanted and clean hostel available. Bousavy Guesthouse was supposedly my other target, but comparing the prices, Victory seems to have cheaper rates. Fortunately, these two guesthouses were just across each other so it wasn’t hard to find.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Victory hostel in Siem Reap
This Victory Guesthouse is a good find if you plan to stay in Siem Reap. I was able to get a spacious room good for three people for only 7 USD (breakfast NOT included).
spacious fan room good for 3 persons
I’ve always been looking for dirt-cheap guesthouses and I’ve slept in 3-4 USD rooms that I don’t recommend to friends because of poor maintenance; and I feel that I’m the only one who can dare to sleep there. When I saw my room, I knew I wanted it right away. I also had free bottled water everyday.
Siem Reap Victory guesthouse
They have over 50 clean and furnished rooms with each room having a fan or air conditioning unit, cable TV, hot water shower, 24 hours service. On top of this, the hostel also has a Khmer style restaurant that serves both Khmer and Western cuisine.
VICTORY GUESTHOUSE Facilities & Services:
- FREE Pick up (upon request)
- Free Internet or Wi-Fi
- Free safety deposit facility
- Tours and Travel arranged
- Bicycle rental arranged
- Doctor/Nurse on-call
- Laundry Service
restaurant and lounge area
I could’ve gone to other hostels in the downtown area, but I wanted a quieter place to stay. When I also walked in the hostel and only inquired for the rates, Moy (the receptionist) was very welcoming and gave me the keys to my room right away.
I told her that I might just stay for a night and she said “No worries! No problem! Just pay me upon check out.” I felt no pressure from her to pay right away unlike other hostels where they want to get your money to be safe.
the other building
I initially thought about staying for a night, I ended up staying for the whole 10 days. Look for Moy if you want to check the place out. She’s more than happy to assist you.
3rd floor terrace
Victory Guesthouse CONTACT INFORMATION:
Address: Road 6 Taphul Village, Svay Dangkum Commune, Siem Reap Cambodia
Telephone Numbers: : 012 516 566, 012 451 286
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s a couple of comprehensive guides about Siem Reap:
- Tips and Things to Know about Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Digital Nomad Life: One Month in Siem Reap, Cambodia
Check out my other adventures here:
- Quick Update from Bousavy Guesthouse in Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Siem Reap and Bangkok Chronicles
- Getting There: Cebu to Manila to Clark to Bangkok to Aranyaprathet to Siem Reap
- No Ordinary Train Ride From Bangkok to Aranyaprathet
- Bangkok to Siem Reap: Avoid Scammers from Aranyaprathet to Poipet Border
- Where to Stay: Bousavy Guesthouse in Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Where to Stay: Victory Guesthouse in Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Cambodia Trip: Angkor Thom Gate, Bayon Temple and Elephant Terrace
- Cambodia Trip: Trees in Ta Prohm Temple, Siem Reap
- Cambodia Trip: Walking Barefoot at Angkor Wat Temple
- Cambodia Trip: Pre Rup, Banteay Srei and East Mebon Temples
- Cambodia Trip: Haggling Prices in Angkor Night Market
- Cambodia Trip: Those Khmer Kids Selling Merchandise
- Cambodia Trip: Chill Out and Relax at Pub Street in Siem Reap
- Cambodia Trip: Insightful Conversations Over a Fish Massage
- Cambodia Trip: Land Mine Victims
- Cambodia Trip: A Guide to Eating Cheap Khmer Food in Siem Reap
- Cambodia Trip: Engrish and Random Sights in Siem Reap
- Cambodia Trip: Shuttle Bus from Siem Reap to Bangkok, Thailand
- Total Budget Expense in Siem Reap, Cambodia