Just got home from another set of adventures during our trip from Cebu to Clark wherein we headed to Zambales to experience and see the amazing views of their islands and coves.
I’ve been meaning to visit this part of the Philippines ever since I saw photos of pine trees on the beach and the vast landscape. Took me about two years to finally reach this province and I’m glad to have conquered it.
Beach on one side, lake on the other. Pine trees in between and mountain ranges at the back. I’ll be posting more entries about each spot in the future. I just thought I’d share a couple of snapshots because I don’t think I’ll be able to write my experiences any time soon.
This is the most famous among all the spots in Zambales and I fell in the process of going down from a climb. I’ve a couple of scars that will soon vanish in due time. Will write more about it later.
Anawangin Cove, Zambales
pine trees on the beach
Nagsasa Cove was the main spot I wanted to visit because of how everybody said it’s a better option compared to Anawangin. I still prefer this cove though. It’s indeed peaceful because there aren’t as many travellers as Anawangin.
wide landscape (photo by Doi)
shadow on the side
Capones took me by surprise as I didn’t know we were going to visit this island. I spent hours under the heat of the sun and now I’m burned to a crisp.
rocks in Capones
Had another affair with cogon grass (see first affair here – Big Red Ants and Cogongrass in the Island of Guimaras) in Capones Island. I immediately went and dove (yes, I dove) into a sea of cogon grasses when I saw how golden their colors were. The suns rays gave life to an otherwise dull state.
I met new travel buddies in the process and it made me realize how lucky I am to have them in the trip. Thank you Anton and Teresa for joining us! It made everything more enjoyable knowing that we were with people with the same passion for going around and about.
Check out articles about my Zambales adventure trip here:
- Zambales Trip: Anawangin Cove, Nagsasa Cove and Capones Island
- Zambales Trip: An Afternoon Nap Under Pine Trees in Anawangin Cove
- Zambales Trip: Exploring Anawangin Cove
- Zambales Trip: Morning Jog in Nagsasa Cove
- Zambales Trip: Cooking and Camping in Nagsasa Cove
- Zambales Trip: Golden Cogon Grasses in the Island of Capones
- Zambales Trip: Standing on Top of the Lighthouse in Capones Island
- Total Budget Expense in Anawangin, Nagsasa and Capones in Zambales
- Tips and Things to Know about Anawangin, Nagsasa and Capones in Zambales