After six hours of travel time from Tuguegarao, we arrived we arrived at the Kapuluan Vista Resort in Pagudpud to have lunch. The resort, hotel, and restaurant is owned by couple Mr. Mike and Alma Oida and they’ve been running the place since 2006.
Lunch at Kapuluan Vista Resort
Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
Kapuluan Vista Resort, Hotel and Restaurant
They gave us a preview of the food that they serve in the restaurant. What was striking about their menu is that the ingredients are taken from their garden. Their items are prepared fresh, with no preservatives added. Don’t panic they’re organic!
1. Flower Decoration, 2. Kapuluan Kinilaw (Polynesian Style), 3. Cabbage Parsley Soup, 4. Bagnet Ceviche
They opened the course with a Margarita which was a welcome treat that a lot of us were craving for after a long drive. A couple of appetizers and the main dish in between, we ended the meal with their eggless leche flan. A bit strange to hear but we devoured the dessert in no time nonetheless. One of my favorite dishes served was the bagnet ceviche.
1. Chicken Kilagwil and Breaded Fish with Fern Salad, 2. Margarita, 3. Eggless Leche Flan
After eating and a bit of chit-chat, we stepped outside so that we could start our surfing activity. The Kapuluan Vista Resort also offers surfboard rentals and surfing lessons to the more active guests.
We didn’t get to stay overnight unlike last year’s Lakbay Norte 2 participants, but the surfing adventure was enough to excite me.
The staff were friendly and one sweet treat would be when you are greeted by their resident poodles “Julia” and “Drew” who were very playful.
Julia (the dog) and Kara of TravelingUp
Kapuluan Vista Resort
Sitio Baniaran, Barangay Balaoi
Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
+63 (920) 9522528 / (920) 9285273
Check out my other Lakbay Norte 3 adventures here:
- Lakbay Norte 3: Rediscover the North
- Surfing at Blue Lagoon in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
- Quick Stop at Suba Sand Dunes in Paoay, Ilocos Norte
- Dawel River Cruise & Bangus Harvest in Dagupan, Pangasinan
- White Water Rafting at Chico River in Kalinga
- Paddleboarding in Paoay Lake, Ilocos Norte
- Off-Road 4×4 Adventure to Puning Hot Springs in Angeles, Pampanga
- Sand Spa & Mudpack at Puning Hot Springs in Angeles, Pampanga
- Sport Fishing at Pantabangan Dam in Nueva Ecija
Food & Accommodation:
- The Manor Hotel in Baguio City
- Lunch at Kapuluan Vista Resort, Pagudpud
- Widus Resort and Casino Hotel in Clark, Pampanga
Please don't forget to confirm your subscription by checking your Inbox.
soloflightEd.com is a travel blog by Edcel Suyo. He enjoys performing headstands and crazy stunts during his trips in the Philippines, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East. Now based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and working to earn a living, he takes time to enjoy the city and travel during weekends.
For updates, Like his page on Facebook or Follow him on Twitter.
For questions, advertising, and other concerns, shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.